You are not logged in [Register] [Login] [Help/FAQ] [Search] [Index]

Topic I can't believe this is still happening Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By sarah_1980 On 04/07/04  

I found this ad about seal clubbing in one of the newspapers here and I thought it deserved to be posted as I was certainly not aware that this was still going on. Please open the link with caution as there are a couple of graphic photos there.
>http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2004/04/06/1081222466970.html?from=top5

I guess really this is a wake up call to everyone and specifically all you Canadians out there, if you did not know this was going on in your own backyard.

I can't understand why they are still doing this - are the seals starting to overpopulate or are they just doing it because there's a lot of money to be made from it?

Surely if the seals are overpopulating they could find a better and more humane way to control the population than to let a bunch of half wits run round beating defenseless little seals?!

By orangeaum On 04/07/04  

that is horrible! oh my gosh!
i'm shocked

By lozenge On 04/07/04  

i saw something about this on the news (in australia mind you)

i have to say i was and am pretty fucking digusted by the fact that the canadian government allows this to happen.

its sick.

By son_sue On 04/07/04  

That turned my stomach. I was under the naive notion that that kind of thing had stopped. That is wrong, wrong, wrong.

gromcocontact infofreelance bbs