You are not logged in [Register] [Login] [Help/FAQ] [Search] [Index]

Topic More stupid questions! :D Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By stumblebum On 04/06/04  

Much the same as the orginal stupid questions thread, except now I have a stupid question so i thought i'd start a new one :D

Anyways...
how do you pronounce Alphonse Mucha?

this as been bugging me for ages (google was no help!), hes my favourite artist and i have some little prints on my school books which people always admire. I'm so sick of looking ignorant by not being about to pronounce his name properly :/

By researchasaurus On 04/06/04  

Hey, I looked in a couple of subscription-only databases I have access to at work. They have art dictionaries and biographies in them among other things.

None included name pronunciation guides :( but I did read that he was Czechoslovakian, so maybe you could find out through some Czech resources?

If all else fails give the reference librarians at your local university/public library something fun to do. Not an easy one!

My dumb question:

What do you use to get the residue from band-aid adhesive off your skin? It annoys me.

By looloo On 04/06/04  

I use rubbing alcohol, but I have an obsession with rubbing alcohol and look for a reason to use it. That or eye make up remover.

My stupid question....

Where the Ramones a real band prior to "Rock n Roll Highschool" the movie or did they just not gain popularity until then? I am not old enough to know this...

By none On 04/06/04  

i'm going to guess pre-Rock n' Roll Highschool. i don't know how that movie could make anyone famous.

By denimqueen On 04/06/04  

a short ramones bio
>http://www.kauhajoki.fi/~jplaitio/story/ramstory.html

By DameTartine On 04/06/04  

Al -fawns Moo- shah (that's roughly how I pronounce it)

By Katrin On 04/06/04  

I've always heard it Moo-ka.
Yes, they were a real band.
Lighter fluid on a cotton ball.

By knittykat On 04/07/04  

I believe in general the 'ch' is prounounced as a hard 'k' sound in Czech and other Slovakian languages. (Look at the 'ch' in Czech for example).

By misshawklet On 04/07/04  

oh god please don't put lighter fluid on your skin!

By crazybones On 04/07/04  

use baby oil, or a cooking oil to remove the adhesive. Even lotion would work (something greasy will help get it off.)

gromcocontact infofreelance bbs