You are not logged in [Register] [Login] [Help/FAQ] [Search] [Index]

Topic Franz Ferdinand Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By bammie On 04/06/04  

I haven't bought a CD in 5 years, but I got this CD and LOVE it!

Any other suggestions for someone like me who doesn't have much in the way of musical taste, but likes upbeat, poppy rocks tunes that make me want to get up and dance around?!

Thanks in advance!

By plainmabel On 04/06/04  

Oh man, that CD is so so good! Some other upbeat favorites of mine lately are...
Sloan - Action Pact (so cheesy, but so good)
The Shins - Chutes Too Narrow (not totally totally upbeat but still fun)
Hot Hot Heat - Make Up the Breakdown

And there's always fun old stuff like The Jam and The Clash! And Brit stuff like Super Furry Animals and Supergrass.

Hmm...I'm thinking bammie needs a plainmabel mix CD. Want to swap?

By wendy_darling On 04/06/04  

I so want this CD! I heard them on NPR and I can't wait to get my grubby little mitts on it.

Upbeat stuff:

Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Fever to Tell
Spoon - Kill the Moonlight
The Postal Service - (with the album name I can't remember) kind of ambient more than anything else, but fun

By nicegirl512 On 04/06/04  

Plainmabel-I know no music, but I too love the poppy upbeat tunes. Any chance you'll swap me a mix CD if I make you a bracelet? My email is in my profile.

By klara.detroit On 04/06/04  

I fell in love with Metric last weekend. They make me all smiley inside. Last CD is called 'Old world underground, where are you now?'.

By chriskalen On 04/06/04  

and here i was, wondering why the heck anyone would be posting about the heir to the Austrian throne!

/dorkiness

By sarahelizabeth On 04/06/04  

the postal service album is called give up.

if you like that one, you might also like death cab for cutie (same lead singer). i would suggest the photo album. it's not quite as upbeat, though.

i also like dressy bessy for upbeat, poppy stuff.

By deadulasch On 04/06/04  

This CD has made me happy in ways unknown. Coming off of the high of all those years (okay, both of them) of free downloading it takes quite a lot to get me to put down cheddar on a Real Live Actual CD.

Franz Ferdinand kicks my ass, your ass-all y'all asses.

Also good: The (mother-fucking) Scissor Sisters. "Tits on the Radio" is the song I wish I was.

deadulasch

By nakedfotolady On 04/07/04  

juat a little postal service aside...the first song on give up is indirectly about one of my best friend's brother, who started dating the lead singer's girl, and was at her apartment one night when the lead singer tried to come over...hence the stranger with the door key.

as far as fun poppy music goes, i really like dressy bessy and what about the b52's.

nfl

By bammie On 04/07/04  

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll be checking these out when possible.

gromcocontact infofreelance bbs