Looking for Glitter Boards? They now live on Supernaturale!

You are not logged in [Register] [Login] [Help/FAQ] [Search] [Index]

Topic new home-good luck/omen talismans... Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By jhenscott On 04/05/04  

hi everyone... I'm looking for ideas. less along the crafty vein (although I'm all ears for those too!). My partner and I are moving into our very first home and I'd like to give him a gift for the occasion. so far I am giving:
-3 chinese coins, tied together with red cord. These bring good luck if you put them under your welcome mat.
-little statue of buddha for kitchen...rub his belly to be a better cook:)
Do any of you have any other tried-n-true or cute/kookie ideas for us?
thanks so much! ~jhen

By luci_mama On 04/05/04  

My ex was Jewish, so we had a mezuzah at our doors:
>http://www.scheinerman.net/judaism/rituals/mezuzah.html

By lizzymahoney On 04/05/04  

If you like the Asian theme, placing a small mirror outside your home wards off evil spirits. My Taiwanese friend always has one on her homes, just hanging from a nail in the siding or wherever. Usually in some difficult to access place like the second story between two windows or on the cupola.

By sarah_1980 On 04/06/04  

As a half joke, my dad actually bought a resin figurine of a pixie for his friends when they recently moved into their new house.

Only thing is the pixie didn't have any pants on and he was kinda leaning over a mushroom with his little bare butt sticking out! It was kinda cute.

Sarah

By cinderellen On 04/06/04  

Traditional gifts - A loaf of bread, and a new broom. I always give friends moving into a new home a new broom because it's bad luck to bring your old broom to the new house. If you MUST bring in an old broom, put it in through the window, never the door. I always but a corn broom, and decorate it with ribbons and silk flowers for a housewarming gift.

By cinderellen On 04/06/04  

Traditional gifts - A loaf of bread, and a new broom. I always give friends moving into a new home a new broom because it's bad luck to bring your old broom to the new house. If you MUST bring in an old broom, put it in through the window, never the door. I always but a corn broom, and decorate it with ribbons and silk flowers for a housewarming gift.

gromcocontact infofreelance bbs