You are not logged in [Register] [Login] [Help/FAQ] [Search] [Index]

Topic YAY I GOT A PROMISE RING!!!!!! Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By Suri01 On 04/05/04  

Hello people, I am so excited to announce that my amazing boyfriend got me a promise ring. Oh I am soooooo happy, he gave it to me about 3 days ago but I haven't shared my excitment online so I thought I'd take this opportunity to brag about it (jk). I am so happy people even though we have not been together for too long I know this is the guy for me, we are so meant for each other. I have a gut feeling I have never had before and everything just feels so right. He makes my days better and I am just so in love with this guy. YAY I AM SO HAPPY!!!!!!! :) Ok now you tell me about your amazing significant other. Oh by the way The Lonely Boys ROCK!!!!

By Sepia Photo On 04/05/04  

I just broke up with my long-term boyfriend, but I can share your excitement. Being with one so right for you and knowing you complement each other is the greatest feeling in the world. I wish you the best of luck. :)

By Suri01 On 04/05/04  

Thanx, sorry about your break up. :(

By sharem On 04/05/04  

yeah for you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!thats so cool

By hazel1 On 04/05/04  

Suri,

Congrats! I got my promise ring about two years ago and it was totally unexpected. He told me that it was a symbol of his commitment to "getting to marriage". I actually gave him one last summer...congrats again! Have fun!

By favorgrl On 04/05/04  

Congrats on the ring.

favorgrl

By Alicewonderland On 04/05/04  

no promise rings on either end of my relationship, but I do have the most lovely boy ever! We did, however, run into one of the members of the promise ring on saturday during our "picnic" we had for our eleven month.

Congrats!

By crumpet On 04/05/04  

what is a 'promise ring'?

By AesSedai On 04/05/04  

As i've heard it they are like a pre-engagement ring. Kind of the training bra of baubles of committment.

By deleria On 04/06/04  

i have one too.

it's a lovely feeling, isn't it?

By MlleEmily On 04/06/04  

meh-- not to rain on anybody's parade, your happiness is clearly genuine, but the whole "promise ring" deal sounds like the "right-hand ring" thing- just another way to hawk jewelery to people.

I'm glad you all like your jewels though, and your fellas ;)

By becca_13 On 04/06/04  

"meh-- not to rain on anybody's parade, your happiness is clearly genuine, but the whole "promise ring" deal sounds like the "right-hand ring" thing- just another way to hawk jewelery to people."

promise rings have been around for quite a while, and are often more simple and personal than the traditional engagement ring.

By mindshare On 04/06/04  

"Kind of the training bra of baubles of committment."

-- that's the funniest thing I've read in ages :)

By pianogirl On 04/06/04  

congrats! that's exciting.

i have a wonderful boy as well, for quite a while. no promise rings, although when we were laying in bed the other night he did turn to me and ask "why arent we married?"

so cute. so i guess you could say we're thinking about it, but not anytime soon.

(although for some reason at random times he keeps saying things like "so, when are we gonna set The Date?" boys are weird.)

eta- and the other day while helping me put on a necklace i received from a friend, he asked if it was "okay" that we exchange necklaces instead of rings. again, boys are weird. or maybe just mine is.

By VoodooToaster On 04/06/04  

Sounds like your boy is trying to get around actually asking you to marry him, or maybe he's testing the waters to see if you'd say yes...

By pianogirl On 04/06/04  

:)

i think he already knows i'd love to, but we both want to wait a while longer.

gromcocontact infofreelance bbs