Looking for Glitter Boards? They now live on Supernaturale!

You are not logged in [Register] [Login] [Help/FAQ] [Search] [Index]

Topic Brownie recipie Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By Wildethyme On 04/03/04  

I have a friend that did me a big favor and I want to do something in kind.

She is opening a coffee shop/gallery and is looking for a killer brownie recipe. Do ya'll have any???

Thanks!
Laura

By bammie On 04/03/04  

These are sinfully great!
---

Decadent Chocolate Brownies

-2 oz unsweetened chocolate, broken into small pieces (Ghirardelli, Swiss, or Italian chocolate recommended)
-6 oz semi-sweet chocolate, broken into small pieces (Ghirardelli, Swiss, or Italian chocolate recommended)
-1 cup unsalted butter (2 sticks)
-1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
-4 large eggs
-2 teaspoons vanilla extract
-1 cup all-purpose flour
-1/2 teaspoon salt
-toppings of your choice (see below)

Line a 13" x 9" x 2" baking pan with parchment paper or foil (this will enable you to lift the entire pan of brownies out in one piece to place on a cutting board to slice neat squares, triangles, or rectangles.) and grease lightly. Preheat oven to 350*.

In a large heavy saucepan over very low heat, melt both the chocolates and butter, stirring constantly.
Do not overcook, or you will scorch the chocolate.
Take from heat and cool slightly.
Mix in sugar with a wooden spoon or spatula. Stir in eggs, one at a time, until thoroughly mixed. Stir in the vanilla.
Add the flour and salt, and stir until well blended.
Fold the mixture into the prepared pan. Sprinkle top of batter with nuts or one of the variations listed below.

Bake at 350* for 25 - 30 minutes or until a toothpick or cake tester comes out with fudgy crumbs. Do not overbake.
These are dense, moist texture brownies. Cool in pan on a rack. Cut and serve or store in an airtight container.

Variations: Before baking, cover the top of batter with one of the following:
-Nuts: 1 cup of chopped nuts: either walnut, pecans, macadamia, or your choice. Nuts will toast while brownies bake.
-Toffee: 1/2 cup of each of chopped pecans, mini chocolate chips, and Heath toffee chips
-Candy Bar: Top batter with coarsely chopped snack size Reese cups, M&M's, etc.
-Extra chips: Coarsely chopped flavored chocolate chips like raspberry or mint.

By Milke On 04/04/04  

This is from the Better Homes and Gardens cookbook, with a few changes made. If you want to make healthier, but still yummy brownies, substitute applesauce for 1/2 cup of the shortening. This is absolutely my favourite recipe, not as posh as some, but GOOD, and you can add stuff, or icing if you'd like, or double it (9" x 13" pan in that case). The last time I made them for an occasion I cut them in little squares and put a dab of Nutella-type spread and a chocolate coffee bean on each one.

Fudge Brownies

10T shortening (1/2 Cup + 2 T)
6T cocoa
3/4 cup flour
1/2 tsp. salt
2 eggs
1 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 cup nuts, coarsely cut (if you want, or white chips)

Melt shortening, mix in cocoa, beat in eggs, vanilla, and sugar. Add flour and salt. Pour in 8"x 8" pan, bake at 350 for about half an hour.

By CraftinFool On 04/04/04  

Oh my lord, I was thinking that one of these recipes with a caramel or butterscotch layer would be incredible.

By DivineMsEm On 04/04/04  

My Mom makes what I call "Evil Brownies" because you cannot help but eat half the pan as soon as they come out of the oven.

She uses a regular box of brownie mix and then adds a bag of chocolate chips and another bag of whatever chips you fancy like peanut butter or butterscoth. She also adds a small container of sour cream, which makes them so rich and ceamy and nuts if you are a fan.

They are so amazing. Her neighbors come banging down the door about once per month begging for a batch.

By Wildethyme On 04/05/04  

these all sound fantastic and I have sent them on to my friend. Thanks-ya'll are Fantastic!
~Laura

gromcocontact infofreelance bbs