You are not logged in [Register] [Login] [Help/FAQ] [Search] [Index]

Topic owie sore throat :( Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By trickster On 04/02/04  

does anyone know any home remedies for a sore throat?

By msmetro On 04/02/04  

I know two...one's nasty, the other's nice.

Nasty: put about a teaspoon of salt in a glass (tumbler size), fill with warm water and stir until salt disloves. Gargle with the salt water a few times (I'd recommend spitting, not swallowing).

Nice: make yourself a nice cup of tea and add honey and fresh lemon juice. A teaspoon of honey and a full slice of lemon, squeezed, usually do the trick for me.

Hope you feel better soon!

By NeesyPea On 04/02/04  

You might want to re-post this over on La Vida to get more responses.
But, I second the HOT tea with honey. It works for me all the time. Sometimes just eating honey raw helps me too :)

By jasmineT On 04/03/04  

A shot of whiskey with lots of lemon juice and honey that's been heated up helps.

By crumpet On 04/03/04  

I feel your pain trickster. I'm sick as a dog too. :(

Whisky sounds good. Very good.

By ksue On 04/04/04  

I second the toddy with whisky. It addresses the mind-body connection :)

Crud is *still* going around! Shouldn't we all be in vigorous good health by now??

Feel better,

ksue

By glassygirly On 04/05/04  

Hot Toddy all the way!

By ookpik On 04/05/04  

although i love the hot lemon and honey for maintenance of symptoms, i have to pipe up in support of gargling with salt water for actual infection reduction.

you don't have to make the water particularly salty for it to work. keep it below a gross-out level so you don't gag while you gargle. it really does cut your recovery time.

gromcocontact infofreelance bbs