You are not logged in [Register] [Login] [Help/FAQ] [Search] [Index]

Topic folding table for markets and shows? Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By misshawklet On 04/01/04  

I'm trying to find a folding table, bigger than a card table but de. shorter than a conference table, that is lightweight for use at markets and shows. I don't have a car, and I have a weekly artist market this summer, but I think my card table will be too small this time. I carried it in my red wagon. It worked great.

any ideas on where to get one online or elsewere besdies the usual walmart etc.?

By swank On 04/01/04  

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/ref=1042060_bxgy_cc_img_b/601-7873097-7136128?asin=B000063SJ6

I have a few of these (the rectangular one in the back of the photo) from Target and they've worked out well for me. They're pretty lightweight and easy to carry around. Since you can order online, maybe these would work out for you . . .

By Gnome G On 04/02/04  

Walgreens has one on sale for 24.99 this week. I think the top also folds in half, so it is not a big lanky thing to store...

By misshawklet On 04/02/04  

wow! that might work. thank you so much!

By indiegurl On 04/02/04  

hmmm...this may or may not help

i bought a fold out table last year at home depot. it's about 7 ft. long and is really sturdy. it folds in half and can be carried by a little handle. personally, i find it a bit on the heavy side but i'm a little weakling. when i'm not doing shows, i've got it set up in my studio full-time and i use it all the time. i think it was about $65 canadian, which i cursed at the time, but now i don't know what i'd do without it.

so, uh...the short answer is, maybe try home depot?

By toomuchglue On 04/03/04  

Check out this one - it's technically for camping but it folds in half and has a carrying handle. I may get me one of these!
>http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/sr=1-3/qid=1081008991/ref=sr_1_3/602-3123745-6562226?%5Fencoding=UTF8&asin=B0000ACX3C

By bammie On 04/03/04  

My parents have one of those half-fold handle tables that they get out when all the family is together. It's heavy and then I've got to pull it up so it doesn't drag on the ground, which makes my shoulder feel funky. Not to mention getting the thing up stairs is even trickier.

But those long Target tables mentioned above, I've easily carried one in each hand from a parking lot into a buidling for a show.

By lexs_creations On 04/07/04  

I just bought a lightweight table that folds in half from the local hardware store. It's not as long as I would've liked - 5'x3' - but it's good and wasn't expensive. I've got fibromyalgia, so I can't really carry anything heavy; I just used it at an outdoor craft festival, in my booth on a windy and rainy day (ugh), and it worked just fine. :)

If you've got a local hardware store, call them first...it's much easier (and possibly cheaper) than a visit to a huge Home Depot or Walmart or whatever, and you don't have to pay shipping costs...

Lex

-------
Alexis M. Greer, Designer
Lex's Creations - Handmade Jewelry >http://www.lexscreations.com
E-mail: lex@lexscreations.com

gromcocontact infofreelance bbs