You are not logged in [Register] [Login] [Help/FAQ] [Search] [Index]

Topic another fun nigeria order Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By greasywaitress On 03/25/04  

woohoo! i finally feel a part of the club, i just got a whopping order from nigeria. i'm obviously not going to honor it, but i feel responsible to report the fraudulent info. should i get his credit info and report him to the credit card co. or should i just ignore the situation completely? thanks!

By madgeylou On 03/25/04  

yeah i got one of these last week too.

oh yeah, and would i please go buy 5 super expensive cell phones and send them, too? i will receive $1000 for my trouble.

i just ignored it ...

By funkyutopia On 03/25/04  

woohoo! now i feel like part of the club... silly double post ;-)

By funkyutopia On 03/25/04  

well, it couldn't hurt to get his credit card info and call the credit card carrier. they could tell you if the info is fraudulent or not. if it is, they can lead you in the right direction of reporting it.

seems like these type orders are more and more common! i got one from algeria last week. they ordered a ton of items totalling a good amount of money. but refused to pay in any other way than the visa they provided. i never heard anything again after i explained i would have to call their bank to verify the info. turned out it was a bad card number anyway. they just made one up thinking because i was a small business that i wouldn't care or verify it, i guess.

the one about the cell phones is hilarious! that just made me crack up!!

By DeborahM On 03/25/04  

Madgylou-that cell phone/electronics thing is actualy part of a huge ring that has been being investigated by the FBI for months.They were even offering people 'jobs' to do just that.People were quitting regular jobs to 'work' for them,were making bundles of money and then being arrested for it.I'll have to see if I can find that info again and post it for you guys!

By jesskbg On 03/26/04  

I get those emails all the time. In the ones I get, they want me to GIVE THEM MY BANK ACCOUNT INFO ETC..., and all I have to do is let them "transfer" millions of dollars (which are in a hidden place somewhere). I walk away with a few million in my pocket for my troubles... Is it just me, or does this seem like money laundering? I've been ignoring them since August.

By hightide On 03/27/04  

Looks like they use eBay too - or at least they do in Indonesia! This guy is willing to pay me $300 for a pair of shoes that retail here for $50, but only if I run his credit card number on my merchant card machine [my magical, invisible merchant card machine] ("Please , I can't pay by paypal, bidpay or money order and else cause Paypal is not register and not list at my location also it should be so hard for do a payment(cheque, money transfer)in my location."). Right, he has $300 lying around for a pair of skate shoes, but can't afford an international money order. sheesh.

eta: I sent back an email reiterating my PayPal/mo only policy, and he replied again with the merchant card machine - if I don't have one, I can use any merchant card machine! Right, I'll just walk over to the corner store and ask them to run numbers for me without a card and give me cash. Maybe this is just a cultural difference, but...

By greasywaitress On 03/27/04  

i'm just too much of a smartass not to write him back read from bottom to top:

Hi joel,
glad the weather is pleasant in nigeria now, cause hell is going to be pretty hot for you soon. I hear the devil loves those who commit credit card fraud and he even has a special section down there just for you – I think it goes something like this: you’re burning up, swimming in flames, dying of thirst, all you want is one drop of water to quench your fiery throat. The devil is sitting in a beach chair, sipping a frozen margarita, giddy from watching you squirm. You would pay him three billion dollars just to lick the sweat off his glass. Luckily, lucifer accepts most major credit cards, excluding discover. But alas, every damn credit card you pull from your pocket is no good. Your supply of cards is neverending, but none of them ever work. You are in excruciating pain as your limbs broil but you are desperately helpless. And this goes on for all eternity.
So Joel, please keep this in mind when you are stealing your next wallet: you may be a silent thief, but if you listen closely, you should be able to hear the whirring sound of the devil’s blender.

HELLO MY CLIENTS SAYS THEY ARE HAVING A PLESANT WEATHER HERE IN NIGERIA

greasywaitress <greasywaitress@greasywaitress.com> wrote:
Thanks joel, whats the weather in nigeria like right now?

HELLO THANKS FOR YOUR PROMPT RESPONSE I WOULD LIKE YOU TO CHARGE MY CREDIT CARD PLS.
HERE IS MY CREDIT CARD DETAILS
CREDIT CARD TYPE:VISA CARD
CARD #:415214013942----
EXPIRATION DATE;09/2005
CREDIT CARD TYPE:VISA CARD
CARD #:415214015942----
EXPIRATION DATE;09/2005

YOU CAN CHARGE BOTH OF IT PLS,SEND ME THE UPS TRACKING # AS SOON AS THE ORDER SHIPS .
REGARDS
LOOKING FORWARD TO HEARING FROM YOU ASAP

Thanks joel, the total is $550 including shipping. Just need your credit info and we‚re good to go.
Thanks bridget

HELLO
I WOULD LIKE TO ORDER THE FOLLOWING PRODUCTS FOR MY CLIENT THAT RESIDES IN NIGERIA:
Gizmo Tee
qty:5
size:l

Miami Vice Tee
Rock Star Tee
Irish Tee
Roots Tee
Playmate of the Year Tee
Capricorn Tee
pat's or geno's? tee
size:xl
greasywaitress tan mens tee
go iggles mens tee
AND THIS IS THE SHIPPING ADDRESS:
10 ADIO SHOMADE STREET PAPA AJAO,
MUSHIN,
LAGOS STATE
NIGERIA
SEND ME THE TOTAL COST AND SHIPPING COST TO NIGERIA VIA UPS 2-3 DAYS EXPRESS,SO I CAN SEND MY CREDIT CARD # .
MAIL ME ASAP
REGARDS

Yep. Ship round the world. Thanks for your interest. I can give you a
shipping quote if you tell me what you are interested in and where to.
Thanks bridget

Greasywaitress
701 south 3rd st
Philadelphia, pa 19147
www.greasywaitress.com
greasywaitress@greasywaitress.com
"vintage finds for today's discerning scenester"

> name = joel stanford
> email = joelsstores@yahoo.com
> comments = i would like to know if you do ship globally.mail me asap

By hightide On 03/27/04  

greasywaitress, I just saw this on BoingBoing (http://www.boingboing.net/) - Nigerian money collectors with hyenas and baboons. Maybe you could hire them and pay them with t-shirts?

By Cayta On 03/28/04  

http://www.419eater.com/index.htm

This is a link to a website that deals with this sort of thing all the time. They actually have a Trophy Room which displays all of their baits. It is very entertaining. One guy actually got 41.00 from a scammer!

gromcocontact infofreelance bbs