You are not logged in [Register] [Login] [Help/FAQ] [Search] [Index]

Topic Apartment sale? Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By crafty-laura On 03/23/04  

Anyone in a large metro area ever hosted an apartment sale (like a garage sale, but in your apartment, and in my case, in my teeny NYC apt.) I have a bunch of stuff I am itching to get rid of that isn't worth the trouble to sell individually, but I am wary of letting strangers into my place. Any advice, insight would be great. Thanks a million!

By bammie On 03/23/04  

Not as large of a metro city, but I live in Cincinnati and have been to apartment garage sales and the owners didn't seem nervous about strangers in their place.

Just wondering, is this really for you or for an article for Budget Living?

By crafty-laura On 03/24/04  

no, for me personally. sadly, they pay us so little that i am fored to think about selling my stuff.

By ursonate On 03/24/04  

I don't know why anyone goes into publishing. The pay is so bad!

By rita0373 On 03/24/04  

Thread hijack

I worked in the medical textbook publishing industry until recently and our company actually didn't pay badly.

Anyway, people go into it because that's what they love and want to do. Life isn't always about money. Ask any social worker why they do what they do, it is for the love of the job not the pay.

By Serendipity1234 On 03/24/04  

I don't live in a metropolitan area, but is there any way you could get together with some other people in your building and organize a sidewalk sale? That way, people wouldn't actually need to go into your apartment.

By ursonate On 03/24/04  

Yeah, textbooks are an arm and a leg. Maybe they need ot charge more for books and magazines so they can pay their people better.

Just a thought, why not just do a stoop sale or maybe your building has a community space? Also people list stuff for sale all the time on craigslist.

By yardenxanthe On 03/24/04  

Or eBay, if the stuff isn't too big to ship.

gromcocontact infofreelance bbs