You are not logged in [Register] [Login] [Help/FAQ] [Search] [Index]

Topic AHHH!!! I NEED MAJOR HELP!!! Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By JRawl23 On 03/23/04  

Ahh! Somebody please save my project!!

I got this great idea to support my favorite band by making a bag with a lyric and a picture. I bought a (to be exact) "Creat Your Own Carry-All Tote" 14" 100% Cotton tote bag from my local Wal-mart. I proceeded to draw out the design of the face on the right side and then wrote out the lyrics on the left side.. I puffy painted the outline of the face and painted with acrylic paint the lyrics (with hopes that it wouldnt wash out). I then washed the bag on delicate and cold with detergent, hoping the pencil would come out because it wouldnt erase. However, to my dismay, the pencil stayed! I can't get it out for the life of me and can't figure out what else to try.. Will somebody PLEASE help me get this pencil out before my great bag is deemed a failed attempt :(

By misshawklet On 03/23/04  

it sounds like you kind of framed, or trapped, the pencil in with the paint. Is this the case? If you didn't, and the paint does not go over the pencil lines, hmmmmm. If you did paint over the lines, i think you are honestly out of luck. :(

By JRawl23 On 03/23/04  

Nah, I used black paint so the writing underneath it isnt a problem. I'm concerned with the pencil marks that arent even touched by the paint! :(

Oh and I was wondering.. if I turn it inside-out and iron it.. will the puffy paint melt?

By lauren On 03/23/04  

In the future you should have used a pen that they sell in fabric stores that washes away in the laundry. I would search the internet for stain removal of pencil lead.

By ursonate On 03/23/04  

see, i knew puffy paint was evil...

By scaredsilly On 03/26/04  

I was wondering (although it really doesn't matter I guess)... what the bag says?

By JRawl23 On 04/01/04  

Its from a taking back sunday song called "go on"

it says

"expand your wings across the sky, take my words and say good-night and never say good-bye"

gromcocontact infofreelance bbs