You are not logged in [Register] [Login] [Help/FAQ] [Search] [Index]

Topic encouragement...please Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By chicgirl On 03/20/04  

today is day 3 past my due date- mar. 17th.
i am doing everything i can to bring on the birth from walking, squatting, stairs, sex, the tea...i think i need to relax about it, which is easier said. just needed to hear from anyone with some kind words of encouragement.

thanks.

By miscreation On 03/20/04  

chicgirl! hang in there!
try try to enjoy the excitment, the anticipation but i can imagine how hard it is at this point to be chill about it!
all i can say is that all the waiting will be worth it (and there will be times you will wish you were still pregnant, believe it or not!)....
i have an 8 month old and time goes so fast when they arrive....enjoy your belly and i wish you a healthy, speedy delivery - you have such a special time around the corner! (i'm assuming this is your 1st baby?!)
send the good news when you can!!!

By lillil On 03/20/04  

I remember the feeling all too well. Eleanor was a week late (and then induced, but that's another story) and it was so annoying to hear everyone tell me, "Enjoy your pre-baby time!" I felt restless and snapped at everyone constantly. And it's not like you're in top physical condition, so running those last minute errands and arranging/rearranging the baby's room can be exausting or impossible. But there are some things you can do to kill time.

- Write your thank you notes and go ahead and stock up on notecards because you're probably going to be inundated with gifts after the baby comes. Get stamps too while you're at it.

- Stock up your freezer/pantry!

- Make some music compilations to listen to while you're in labor. They'll be like musical time capsules that you can keep with your baby book and listen to when you're reminiscing.

- Thrift some flower vases. You'll get so many flowers, your place will look like a florist shop!

- If you don't have one already, set up a website to post baby pictures on. I have friends and relatives all over the place and I'm constantly having to upload new images of "the one who cannot be photographed enough" to keep them happy. Try Shutterfly. http://www.shutterfly.com/home/pro5_newuser.jsp

Guys, did I miss anything? Good luck, sweet pregnant boo!

By luci_mama On 03/20/04  

Slow dance with your lover ... spend a little quiet time gently masssaging your belly, talking to baby and enjoying the last days of time when it's just the two of you ... go on dates with your husband and your best pals while you don't have to find a babysitter or juggle a baby in your lap while you eat! ... meditate on the kind of mama you want to be, and journal about it (you'll get a kick out of it later, or maybe be inspired about it).

Trust your body and your baby and the history of womankind: this baby will come when s/he is ready, and everything will be find AND everything will change. As much as you can, stay in this present moment and take care of yourself in it -- if your feet are swollen, put them up! If you're feeling crabby, let someone help you!

And oh yeah, go get a prenatal massage! That'll help.

Luci, who's gotta go because her three-year-old is throwing a humongous temper tantrum!

By Eva666 On 03/22/04  

take a loong bath. with candles and a trashy magazine..you don't get nearly enough of those after baby arrives. and i second the ideas of stocking up with frozen meals. take one last picture of yourself even though you son't feel like it, i wish i took more looking back on it!
spend as much of these last days pampering *you* because you'll be pampering someone else before you know it.

good luck!

By jennymeg On 03/22/04  

Hmmm. . .I was 10 days overdue with my daughter, so I tried to convince myself her due date was actually mis-figured.

I would suggest, don't answer the phone and avoid well-meaning people who will bug you about "Is the baby here yet," because if it hasn't yet, it WILL hit a nerve.

I threw things a lot. Ok, it didn't help. It was just a natural progression.

I tried to avoid the suggestions on how to help labor along because the fact that they did NOT work only made me more frustrated thinking something was wrong with me.

So, yes, self-pampering and distraction are your two best bets!

By melmelon On 03/22/04  

Not that you will go so late(hopefully, for your sake), but....I was 14 days past due with this one and 8 with the last one...so I would definitely agree with NOT answering the phone...if You are still....I think I stopped ansering the phone about 3 weeks before my e.d.d., which was nice since I can't stand the phone. Babies come out when they want to...I think my second stayed in longer because she could hear me yapping at her older sister too much for her liking.

By looloo On 03/22/04  

I 2nd, 3rd, 4th, the "pamper yourself" votes...hell, that goes for all of us!
3 days isn't much, that can be explained by a miscalculation...but when my mom had me...she waited 26 days passed the date she was given! (knock wood knock wood knock wood!!!)
In the mean time, sit back and feel the baby squirm in side of you, you will really miss it! I am already starting to feel a little sad because I only have 3 more weeks of feeling these little bumps and kicks! (and in the mean time I am saying "can you get out already???")

By chicgirl On 03/23/04  

thanks to all of you for your words of wisdom, i am still awaiting 'the time' but dealing with it much better. i think ill do the pampering today! i love all the suggestions, especially trusting the wisdom of a woman's body- i say it to myself everyday.

By faerie_eyez On 03/30/04  

BABIES COME OUT! :) I promise! Enjoy your last hours of pregnancy. Connect with your baby. You'll regret it later if you try to rush him/her. She'll come out when she's ready.

gromcocontact infofreelance bbs