Looking for Glitter Boards? They now live on Supernaturale!

You are not logged in [Register] [Login] [Help/FAQ] [Search] [Index]

Topic Secret Snowflake Swap - no more sign ups Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By cyan On 10/19/03  

The deadline for this year's Secret Snowflake Swap has come and gone. Thanks to everyone who signed up. To the girls who still haven't emailed me with their mailing address, sorry, but you won't be included in this year's swap. You had plenty of chances to get back to me with that info, so you blew it for yourselves!

**Favorite color(s)?
**Most hated color?
**Any food allergies or dietary concerns?
**Do perfumes or other strongly scented items bother you?
**Do you have a preference for certain smells?
**What are some of your hobbies and interests?
**What state/country do you live in?
**Are you willing to send a package to someone outside of your country?

**Are you interested in sending a make up gift to someone who is flaked on without any expectation of receiving something in return?

**Do you realize that people are depending on you to follow through with your commitment to send a secret snowflake present?
**Are you willing to contact an organizer directly if something comes up and you can no longer participate in the swap?

Let me explain exactly what the SS Swap is for all the new girls. The swap works as a ring (person a sends to person b who sends to c...person z sends to person a) but the beauty is that the order of the ring is secret, so no one knows ahead of time who their package is from. You can slip a little hint in with your package, so your SS can guess who you are.

As to what you actually send to your SS, it's up to you! The survey above should really help you out. Once you've been assigned a SS (their name & address will be emailed to you) find their survey and get creating! The idea is to not spend more then $20, but if you go over that, no one will complain. You can make things, you can buy things, it's up to you!

Regarding the flakes and people who get burned, a public posting of flakes, and a makeup gift will be in order. But please, if you don't intend to follow through and make a package, DON'T SIGN UP! We really put our heart and souls into creating really special packages, and it hurts to not receive something in return.

After the deadline for sign up I will send an email out letting you know who you have to send a package to.
I think that covers it. If any of the other Glitterati who have participated in this in previous years find that I've missed something, don't hesitate to add it yourself!

Since we're starting a bit late this year, I'm going to have to make the deadline to sign up be fairly soon; we all want to receive our packages before the holidays!

**Deadline to sign up: NOON PST - Mon. Oct. 27th
**Deadline to have your package sent: Dec. 1

Also, when you sign up, please send me an email (address is below) with your snail mail address and your Glitter username. I will ONLY give your address to your SS.

Most importantly, have fun!

Jodi - SS Swap Queen in training(?) :)
cold_floral@hotmail.com

By rratstarr On 10/20/03  

What happened to all the posts?

ETA: To answer my own question, the same thread is on the Discuss Crafts board with a bunch of replies. Whew! I thought the swap was cancelled or something!

-S

Oops. I am blushing about that mistake. You are right, cyan.

By pomly On 10/20/03  

Isn't THIS the discuss crafts board?

By cyan On 10/21/03  

pomly, I think she made a mistake, and meant the other thread is on the La Vida Crafty board:)

By kategirl On 10/21/03  

I want in!

+ Favorite color(s)? black, red, pale/medium blue
Most hated color? anything neon
+ Any food allergies or dietary concerns? nope
+ Do perfumes or other strongly scented items bother you? sometimes; only if it's floral or musky
+ Do you have a preference for certain smells? fruit
+ What are some of your hobbies and interests? um... reading and writing. I'm a college student, so I don't ahve time for hobbies really.
+ What state/country do you live in? Michigan
+ Are you willing to send a package to someone outside of your country? no; I'm kinda broke
+ Are you interested in sending a make up gift to someone who is flaked on without any expectation of receiving something in return? I could if you needed me to, but time is kind of a problem.
+ Do you realize that people are depending on you to follow through with your commitment to send a secret snowflake present? absolutely! you can count on me. :)
+ Are you willing to contact an organizer directly if something comes up and you can no longer participate in the swap? of course

Hope it's ok that I replied with the info! I think that's what you wanted. I'm also sending the e-mail.

By threemetersmak On 10/21/03  

*bump*..... I must ask my mommy, as i am only a teenager. I'd love to, tho.

By velvet On 10/21/03  

+ Favorite color(s)? any shade of blue, pinks, lime green, you know any color kool-aid comes in.
Most hated color? neon orange
+ Any food allergies or dietary concerns? no
+ Do perfumes or other strongly scented items bother you? not really.
+ Do you have a preference for certain smells? Pear! or any variation of that (pearberry etc)
+ What are some of your hobbies and interests? I have a two year old son who likes to play with all my stuff and loves when we get "mail" so he'll most likely be helping me open it. Uhh. Interests..hmm. oh I like to knit, and I'm also a college student.
+ What state/country do you live in? PA, USA
+ Are you willing to send a package to someone outside of your country? It's too expensive any more...
+ Are you interested in sending a make up gift to someone who is flaked on without any expectation of receiving something in return? Sure!
+ Do you realize that people are depending on you to follow through with your commitment to send a secret snowflake present? Yep!
+ Are you willing to contact an organizer directly if something comes up and you can no longer participate in the swap? Uh-hu.

By panda jim On 10/22/03  

Yea, how fun!
Favorite color(s)? All the sunset-y colors
Most hated color? any neon flavors really
Any food allergies or dietary concerns? no
Do perfumes or other strongly scented items bother you? only if it smells of vanillia-hate it
Do you have a preference for certain smells? other than above, no.
What are some of your hobbies and interests? I knit, and do many other crafty things, obviously, and i read a great deal
What state/country do you live in? tn, usa
Are you willing to send a package to someone outside of your country? yes
Are you interested in sending a make up gift to someone who is flaked on without any expectation of receiving something in return? indeed, for that makes me sad...
Do you realize that people are depending on you to follow through with your commitment to send a secret snowflake present? yes!
Are you willing to contact an organizer directly if something comes up and you can no longer participate in the swap? yes

By cyan On 10/22/03  

**bump**

By pinklitesaber On 10/23/03  

im not so sure how this goes.. but i want in.

**red, yellow, green, pink
**gray, brownish green
**nope... but i like sour candy:)
**yes.
**anything fruity-scented is nice
**i love pin-up girls, riot-grrrl-esque bands, john cusack(sp?), Amelie, hello kitty, kathleen hanna, hippos, anything French or artsy, and of course all things crafty. :)
**i live in GA, USA
**i would rather not.. but if i must...
**yes.
**of course!
**yep

By valagator On 10/23/03  

I would like to participate,... I have not joined a glitter swap in a few years!!!

**Favorite color(s)?- Red, orange, brown, fushia, purples, blues....

**Most hated color? I love colors

**Any food allergies or dietary concerns? I cannot eat candy or nuts anymore.

**Do perfumes or other strongly scented items bother you? not really.. I do not like Patchoulie like scents tho.

**Do you have a preference for certain smells? I like fruity, clean floral scents like gardenia or grapefruit.

**What are some of your hobbies and interests? I sew,knit, make books, rubber stamp, make jewelry, anything creative I love doing.

**What state/country do you live in? Minnesota

**Are you willing to send a package to someone outside of your country? Sure

**Are you interested in sending a make up gift to someone who is flaked on without any expectation of receiving something in return? sure, but I also would ask to be included in the regular swap as well.

**Do you realize that people are depending on you to follow through with your commitment to send a secret snowflake present? Yup

**Are you willing to contact an organizer directly if something comes up and you can no longer participate in the swap? Yup.

By minniepearl On 10/23/03  

I want in!
here are my answers:
**Favorite color(s)? - any shade of blue or purple
**Most hated color? neons

**Any food allergies or dietary concerns? no

**Do perfumes or other strongly scented items bother you? i like things strongly scented!

**Do you have a preference for certain smells? i like it all, i'm pretty agreeable.

**What are some of your hobbies and interests? i love all things pop culture-y, i knit and like to do various crafty things, i love to read, travel, swim, listen to public radio and all types of music

**What state/country do you live in? i live in alexandria, va usa

**Are you willing to send a package to someone outside of your country? sure

**Are you interested in sending a make up gift to someone who is flaked on without any expectation of receiving something in return? if i can get a bit of a heads up, yes.

**Do you realize that people are depending on you to follow through with your commitment to send a secret snowflake present? yes! i am dependable!

**Are you willing to contact an organizer directly if something comes up and you can no longer participate in the swap? of course!

By HeatherC On 10/24/03  

**Favorite color(s)? Red, chocolate brown
**Most hated color? Orange and yellow, hate them with a passion
**Any food allergies or dietary concerns? Nope
**Do perfumes or other strongly scented items bother you? Yeah, I'm allergic to most artificial scents
**Do you have a preference for certain smells? If it's not artificial or chemical-based, I love vanilla and almond
**What are some of your hobbies and interests? Cross stitch and embroidery, Sculpey, collage; reading (I LOVE to read!!)
**What state/country do you live in? TX, USA
**Are you willing to send a package to someone outside of your country? I would but I can't afford it
**Are you interested in sending a make up gift to someone who is flaked on without any expectation of receiving something in return? Probably not, I don't think I'd have time to do two
**Do you realize that people are depending on you to follow through with your commitment to send a secret snowflake present? Oh, yes.
**Are you willing to contact an organizer directly if something comes up and you can no longer participate in the swap? Sure!

What fun!!

By stinkycretingrl On 10/24/03  

i want to sign up...

**Favorite color(s)?
all of them, especially bright pure colors

**Most hated color?
mauve, "country" blue

**Any food allergies or dietary concerns?
vegan

**Do perfumes or other strongly scented items bother you?
nope.
**Do you have a preference for certain smells?
definitely: patchouli, sandalwood--"hippie" smells--especially Lush stuff!

**What are some of your hobbies and interests?
dogs, vegan/vegetarian cooking, obsessive(!!) bead collecting, jewelry making, buffy the vampire slayer, hiking, polymer clay, knitting/crochet, indie music.

**What state/country do you live in?
kentucky

**Are you willing to send a package to someone outside of your country?
yes
**Are you interested in sending a make up gift to someone who is flaked on without any expectation of receiving something in return?
sure
**Do you realize that people are depending on you to follow through with your commitment to send a secret snowflake present?
yes
**Are you willing to contact an organizer directly if something comes up and you can no longer participate in the swap?
absolutely

By Tela On 10/24/03  

**Favorite color(s)? yellow!
**Most hated color? i'm not really a fan of pink, although hate might be too strong of a word
**Any food allergies or dietary concerns? vegan
**Do perfumes or other strongly scented items bother you? nope
**Do you have a preference for certain smells? patchouli, sandalwood, vanilla
**What are some of your hobbies and interests? sewing, reading, listening to jamband music
**What state/country do you live in? SC
**Are you willing to send a package to someone outside of your country? sure
**Are you interested in sending a make up gift to someone who is flaked on without any expectation of receiving something in return? sure
**Do you realize that people are depending on you to follow through with your commitment to send a secret snowflake present? of course
**Are you willing to contact an organizer directly if something comes up and you can no longer participate in the swap? yup

By cyan On 10/26/03  

**bump**

By zipcody On 10/27/03  

this sounds like so much fun! i'd love to do it. (as if i weren't challenged enough by creating prezzies for friends & family! now this too? i love it!)

-my favorite colors are more combos than individual...pink, orange, red, magenta OR
blue,aqua, green, periwinkle, OR
pink/brown or aqua/brown combos.
-i hate kelly green, subway sandwich shop yellow, navy blue, and carolina blue (similar to any boy's room in the 70's)

-no food allergies, but i am phobic of mayonnaise and any combination of vinegar&eggs(caesar salad., hollandaise, etc)

-i love the smells of linden, gardenia, tuberrose, grapefriuit, verbena,& tomato (especially)
-not a big fan of patchouli, musk, sandalwood, and those woody type smells.

-my interests include jewelry making;cloisonne enamel, silver& beads, not gold & platinum stuff. i love metal & wire, mosaic, origami paper, gluing stuff onto stuff (collage, decoupage...)
-i'm learning to play the guitar.
- i love death cab for cutie, modest mouse, patty griffin, radiohead, grandaddy, hothotheat, and many others.
-i love independent film (my husband is a screenwriter)
-i'm addicted to sunday night tv on HBO & BBCamerica as well as survivor, amazing race, scrubs, nip/tuck & gilmore girls.
-i'm a voracious reader. i love michael chabon, david sedaris, jonathan franzen, neil gaiman, nick hornby, dave eggars.

-i live in North Carolina and am willing to send a package overseas; i think it would be fun to do this and am looking forward to it! i also agree to help out if someone flakes!!

gromcocontact infofreelance bbs