You are not logged in [Register] [Login] [Help/FAQ] [Search] [Index]

Topic help w/ adhering stuff to flipflops Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By CraftinFool On 06/10/03  

Hello all:

I have cute purple silk flowers and I used this strong glue (I don't remember the name but I've used it for different crafts before) to adhere them to the plastic thongy part of the flipflops that goes between your toes. I let them dry overnight and they seemed to be on tight but the flowers fell off after wearing them for 10 min.

What do you use to adhere stuff to the flipflop bands so they stay put? My husband suggested some kind of epoxy, but I've never used it before, I don't know if there's brands that are better than others? Please help! Thanks.

By anniebeegoode On 06/10/03  

just a couple of ideas...

i'm also in search of the perfect non-toxic adhesive...

i've never decorated flip flops before, but i am a big fan of silicone sealer. you can get it at the hardware store. it doesn't stink and takes about 24 hours to dry. i hear it is the the glue of choice for those who make art cars...

also, did you try a hot glue gun?

By DeborahM On 06/10/03  

Sewing them on works really well.
As for glue...the hot glue on mine came off after about a week.

By lazysusan On 06/10/03  

i MADE A BUNCH ONE TIME FOR FRIENDS BY THREADING WIRE THROUGH THE FLOWER TOPS THEN PUNCHING SMALL WHOLES IN THE WEBBING OF THE THONGS WITH NEEDLES YOU USE FOR LEATHER (OR TAPASTRY), THEN WIRING THE FLOWERS TO THE THONGS , MAKING SURE THE WIRE WAS SMOOTH (LIKE A LOOP)ON THE THONG PART AND THR WIRES CONNECTED ON THE FLOWER PARTS, IF THAT MAKES SENCE...BASICALLY LIKE A TWIST TIE, WITH THE TWIST PART UP AND HIDDEN IN THE FLOWER.

gromcocontact infofreelance bbs