You are not logged in [Register] [Login] [Help/FAQ] [Search] [Index]

Topic ideas for cigar boxes Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By coquette On 06/02/03  

I have a huge pile of cigar boxes of all shapes and sizes. right now they sit around collecting junk- can anyone think of something useful i could do with all of them? besides making 40 indivdual cigar box purses! i need something that will utilize all or most of the boxes in one creation.

By monkey_face On 06/02/03  

maybe you could make some sort of statue/clock/lamp thing....like those lamps and clocks taht are all made of popcicle sticks...?

i'm not feeling very crafty.

you could make assemblage boxes...but that would be an individual box thing.

By instant glamour On 06/02/03  

swap them on http://artisanexchange.com and get things you really want/need

I was thinking of the clock idea...what if you stacked them to make a grandfather type clock with doors that open to boxes holding shrines, photos, key hooks, office supplies, etc. I'll see if I can draw one with the keyboard:
________
I I
I __/ I <- you can use any clock face
I I
I________ I
[[[[[[[[[[
[[[[[[[[[[
[[[[[[[[[[
[[[[[[[[[[ <- each symbold represents a different cigar box
{{{{{{{{{{
{{{{{{{{{{
{{{{{{{{{{
{{{{{{{{{{
oooooooooo
oooooooooo
oooooooooo
oooooooooo
\\\\\\\\\\
\\\\\\\\\\
\\\\\\\\\\
\\\\\\\\\\

I can't seem to get it to show up on the post as good as it looks in the create post screen, sorry.

By SeraAngel On 06/02/03  

maybe you can make a storage unit for either your crafts or jewllery and have them pull out like drawers? the structure can be made of strong cardstock like illustration board, mdf, particle board or even wood...

By Tawnya On 06/02/03  

*Get a tall, cheap floor lamp and cut big holes in the center of each box. Make a stacked cigar box lamp with a tea stained shade.

*Make window valances by attaching the boxes to a piece of wood.

By monkey_face On 06/02/03  

ooh i am remembering a trading spaces episode where they attached them to the walls and made picture frames out of them

By jess152 On 06/03/03  

I love Tawnya's idea about the lamp! Sounds very lodgy and stuffy, but in a good, cozy way, like leather chairs and fireplaces.

By beeosh On 06/03/03  

i would decorate them and then hang them side by side on a wall... for peekaboo art! Or make them into those cigar box frames that I saw in Crafty Chica's book "La Casa Loca"

By coquette On 06/04/03  

good ideas, thanks so much! now i can't decided which one to do!

By CraftyChicaAZ On 06/06/03  

Have a shrine making party with 39 of your favorite friends!

By instant glamour On 06/06/03  

I really like the idea of a shrine making party. You could have your friends each bring a snack and a beverage and a bag/box full of supplies and then put all the snacks on the kitchen counter, all the bevs in the fridge and all the supplies on work table and dive in. Kind of like the challenge swap but with more instantaneous gratification and more booze. Well, maybe more booze, I haven't received my challenge swap materials so I'm not sure whether or not they will require some booze.

gromcocontact infofreelance bbs