You are not logged in [Register] [Login] [Help/FAQ] [Search] [Index]

Topic What's on your plate (literally?) Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By Elf_Chick On 08/28/02  

Yeah, this is a "what are you eating?" thread.

i just had to share that i went to the BEST place for dinner with my friend: Bahama Breeze. it's apparently a chain restaurant that serves carribean-esque foods (though there is some fusion).

for dinner i had tandoori chicken in a coconut beurre blanc with mashed sweet potatoes which had been spiced with cinnamon. oh my god, the most delicious thing!!

they also had wonderful piņa colada/strawberry daquiri swirled frozen drinks. yummmmm.

you?

-S

By kittythedog On 08/28/02  

My husband made scrambled tofu with veggies for dinner. One of his unique creations. He gets so excited about cooking, it's hilarious. Of course he's terrible at it. We were watching "Better off Dead", you know where the jelled food crawls off the plate I almost said something, but I just couldn't. *sigh* "It has raisins! You like raisins!" Har!

I had soaked some cannellini beans, so I boiled them with garlic and bay leaves. I have some broccoli rabe in the fridge, so tomorrow I'll saute that with some garlic and mix it up with the beans. Yum! Plus a salad of course.

And I have hummus and tabouli in the fridge to take to school for lunch. I make roll-up sandwiches with hummus (or baba ganoush), sprouts, red pepper, olive oil, salt and pepper. They're awesome.

Susannah

By bunny On 08/28/02  

their bahamarita or whaever it is is really good too. i went in their with friend once, very much not wanting to because of it's suburban theme-restaurant scariness and then the servers swarmed around us like "look, people who are different!" it was kind of funny. very funny, in fact. and they have awesome chocolate cake.

dinner tonight was pbj in the break room at work.

but last night i had tofu and mushrooms and cream corn. yumyum!

By cubby On 08/28/02  

Tonight I made stir fry. Costco has the BEST huge bags of frozen vegetables with baby corn and water chestnuts. I grilled some chicken breasts and in another pan cooked the vegetables. I also added about 2 cups of blanched soy beans. After everything was cooked, sliced and mixed, I added Mr. Yoshida's teriyaki sauce (also highly recommended). We had basmati rice on the side, and small sundaes for dessert!

(rubbing tummy with eyes closed)

:) - jasmine

By lilyblue On 08/28/02  

a piece of foccaica bread and a bowl of easy vegetable soup: Chicken broth and frozen veggies.

By cleanout On 08/28/02  

i actually cooked dinner tonight for myself for the first time in months. i made quinoa, peas, and egg into a hot salad. it was really really good and i'm quite proud.

By sobriquet On 08/29/02  

A couscous salad of my own invention. It's delicious. You all want the recipe:

1.5 cups cooked cooled couscous
1/2 pint grape tomatoes, halved lengthwise
1/4 cup crumbled feta
1/4 medium onion, chopped
8 big basil leaves, cut in strips
5 garlic-stuffed olives, chopped
4 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp vinegar (of any sort)
2 tbsp lemon juice

Whack it all in a bowl and mix it up. The liquid amounts may need adjusting but use roughly those proportions. Sooooooo good, I've made it two nights in a row now.

By lindastar On 08/29/02  

lorelei and i had dinner tonight.

cod fish w/lemon
steamed brocolli
potatoes w/lemon and parsley (v. v. yummy!)

mmmmm. and we enjoyed it on her lovely back porch.

By trishie On 08/29/02  

I am eating a pop tart.

Oh, and lovely iced coffee that brewed in my french press from freshly ground (fair trade!) beans.

By Shopafrolic On 08/29/02  

i'm eating cherry jam on toast....i really can't be arsed to cook tonight.
might get take out....yum

gromcocontact infofreelance bbs