You are not logged in [Register] [Login] [Help/FAQ] [Search] [Index]

Topic time travel Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By bunny On 08/28/02  

this is for the ladies in the travel destinations thread. . . (said in best lounge lizard voice)

so what time would you go back to?

i think the roaring twenties or ancient egypt. funny since there was a lot of interest in ancient egypt during the twenties.

there are probably a dozen times i'd like to go to, but these are the ones i'm feeling at this exact moment.

By bluejay On 08/28/02  

i'd go to elizabethan england, maybe check out a shakespeare play, tell everyone how famous this shakespeare guy's gonna be in the future. check out their reactions.
or maybe to renaissance italy.
or i'd go back and hang out with some cool native american tribe before the whites arrived.
hmmm...

By Alicewonderland On 08/28/02  

Well, I just have one thing to say about time travel:

I hate it how watches spin like crazy when you're time traveling in movies! It shouldn't do that! It doesn't go nuts when You're flying on an airplain and cross time zones, though it would be cool if it did.

By vixious On 08/28/02  

i think i would love to go to the 50's and the 80's and be teenagers. i missed the good teen years. or the 70s and go to underground new wave clubs

By Elf_Chick On 08/28/02  

alice, you're killing me!! {>D

hmm, well this is a quandry. there are many periods of history in which i am interested that i wouldn't touch with the proverbial 10 foot pole due to disease and stuff like that (hello black plague! et al) yes, i'm probably being too literal-minded here.

i would say the 1920s too; i am really interested in the celebrities, style, music and such of this era. my hips are too big to fit the boyish look du jour, but what the hell.

Oh, to be a fly on the wall at the Hotel Algonquin when the Round Table was in session....

-Shannon

By jtsang On 08/30/02  

There are plenty of times and places I'd love to see, i.e. shannon's fly on the wall comment, but I wouldn't touch the plague, terrible predjudice, angry rioters, persecution and that ilk with a million foot pole. I'm perfectly happy living in the present day. I think people had it pretty bad 'back then' due to one thing or another, and although it's nice and romantic to watch stuff in a movie, more than likely if I went back to those times, I'd be toiling in a field or something, not too fun....
that was kind of a downer, but if I could be a fly on the wall, I'd love to see the renaissance (not smell it) :) or the beginning of time, i.e. the big bang.
jt

By becca_13 On 08/30/02  

paris in the 20s definately
but i would also love to head back to the 50s and 60s so i could check out elvis ans the beatles before they got huge (and maybe mack on elvis).

i wouldn't mind heading back to the early 90s - i think i coulda enjoyed it more if i had more nerve then....all the concerts i chickened out of - oy!

By XoeCraft On 08/30/02  

The future, baby! I want to know if it'll be better. I sure hope it will be.

Back to the Future,
Xoe

gromcocontact infofreelance bbs